walkhighlands

How to... guides to Walkhighlands

Adding a walk..

Adding a walk..

Postby HighlandTitles » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Hello all, I have a self catering cottage which I've advertised on here for a few years. I also now do some work for a local Nature Reserve where we've been building new paths & a Lochan!
I think they'd be a nice addition (although much easier than most) to your site - how /where do I add them.
As a guide, Glencoe Lochan would be something similar although it's smaller/shorter and less varied than ours. It's open 24/7 and is free.
HighlandTitles
Backpacker

Re: Adding a walk..

Postby mband » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi I think it is only the administrators who can add a walk to the actual website. Helen and Paul have personally walked most of the walks on here!! :clap: and they do the descriptions, this way they can ensure that the quality of information given is of a high standard and reliable.

I would suggest you add a walk report for each of your walks giving the same information as the website does, you can upload pictures and also go on to the GPS planner to add a map. Whilst this won't add your walk to the official list it may give Helen and Paul an idea of what is in the area the next time they are there. People may also find it if they are searching the forum.

:)
mband

Munros:210   Corbetts:41
Fionas:2   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:23

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Help - how to use Walkhighlands