walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Looking for walking companions near Ballater Nov 22, 23, 24

Looking for walking companions near Ballater Nov 22, 23, 24

Postby nychiker » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Hello from New York! I'll be visiting Scotland for the first time in late November and am keen to experience the natural beauty of the Cairngorms. I will be staying in Ballater from Nov 22-24 and would love to meet up with others to do some hillwalking in the area. I definitely hope to do the Loch Muick circuit and, conditions permitting, would be very interested to venture at least part way up Lochnagar. (I am a moderately experienced hiker but not with crampons/ice ax.) If hill walking could be followed by whiskey drinking and good conversation by a fireplace that would make for a perfect day.

Anybody interested?

Jacob
nychiker
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs