walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Storage

Storage

Postby ADavies » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:56 pm

I have a trip planned for Late march next year, but I have to get the bus up to Inverness. Does anyone know of any lockers or secure storage areas were I could store some cloths and shoes, so that I can a clean set to travel home in and not my 5 day old walking gear?
ADavies
Scrambler

Hewitts:4

Re: Storage

Postby Joshm » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Perhaps it's worth looking to see if the train station has any left luggage facilities you could use? Or if any of the youth hostels in and around the area have a similar service.

You surely can't be the only one who would use a service like this!
Joshm
Mountaineer

Munros:6   
Sub 2000:3   

Postby basscadet » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm

The train station in Inverness definately has left luggage facilities.. but I think you can only leave stuff for a maximum of 24 hours.. :?
I you are staying somewhere in Inverness for a night either side? I'm sure they would keep it for you.. :)

Otherwise pack light.. I have had the same dilemma on occasion, and have an unltra light pair of trousers, really thin t-shirt and some crocs that must only weigh a couple of hndred grams in total, so I dont mind carrying them so much.. The crocs are handy for around camp and rivers anyway :D
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby Caberfeidh » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:27 pm

There's a Primark in Invershnecky, on the hill down to the bridge, across from the tourist info place. You could suit yourself up for a tenner, or at least less than you'd pay for storage...
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby bydand_loon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:11 pm

I thought they had pretty good lockers at sneckie station, the bus station had a left luggage ana if I mind* right

* I quite often don't** :(

** plus im usually under the influence of copious amounts of cheap beer when in that vicinity
bydand_loon
Hill Bagger

Postby Caberfeidh » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:16 am

bydand_loon wrote: im usually under the influence of copious amounts of cheap beer when in that vicinity

Ah, the Market Bar...sweet memories....
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby bydand_loon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:
bydand_loon wrote: im usually under the influence of copious amounts of cheap beer when in that vicinity

Ah, the Market Bar...sweet memories....

I was more a moray (sadly no more :( ) and berties patron rieet eeenuff
bydand_loon
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion