walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben More & Stob Binnein

Ben More & Stob Binnein

Postby weeman750 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Route description: Ben More and Stob Binnein

Munros included on this walk: Ben More, Stob Binnein

Date walked: 25/11/2013

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 12 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Been on this site for a while now so I decided it was time I did a walk report. I have not been out on the hills for 5 months due to work commitments.
As I was off on Monday and my son Chris (http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/blogs/grenfell88) was off too we decided to get out and picked Ben More & Stob Binnein as our targets following the Walk Highlands route.
The weather was great to start with but the mist came in as we reached the top of Ben More. After that we had some clear spells as the mist blew by on a strong and very cold wind. Conditions under foot were a bit tricky as there was quite a bit of ice about but it was not really enough to need crampons. Just had to take care placing your feet. The main problem was our lack of hill fitness, in spite of going to the gym on a regular basis I really struggled. By the time we got down from Ben More to the Bealach Eadar da-Bheinn my legs were done. Only sheer determination got us up Stob Binnein.
Enough rambling from me just some pictures now.

First sight of Ben More

Chris on the way up

Near the top of Ben More

Looking down at Loch Lubhair

Ben More summit cairn

Ben More trig point

Looking at our next target

Stob Binnein from Ben More

Looking back at Ben More

Stob Binnein behind me in the mist

Stob Binnein sumit
weeman750
Mountaineer

Munros:32   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   

Re: Ben More & Stob Binnein

Postby grenfell88 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Nice 1 dad :clap: we need to get back out more often
grenfell88
Munro compleatist

Munros:24   Corbetts:2

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland