walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

canedds

canedds

Postby d gwynn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Carnedd Dafydd, Carnedd Llewelyn, Pen yr Ole Wen, Yr Elen

Date walked: 08/10/2013

Time taken: 7.5

Distance: 17.5 km

Ascent: 1300m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This is a nice walk not to tuff once you have gained the top of pen yr ole wen and going round the back way ,as every body seems to assult it from idwal cottage, you have the mountain to yourself. we did it on a pretty calm day but the clould base was at the 600mt contour so once up high there was not a lot to be seen and so photgraphic evidence is thin on the ground. as stated a nice walk with a bit of low grade scrambling easy walking and some nice ridge walking on sections (reminded me of st sundays crag in the lakes).This will be a walk i do again in better weather with a possible wild camp on top of pen yr ole wen so i can get the last two of the welsh 3000 footers
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

d gwynn
Munro compleatist

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:114
Wainwrights:200   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland