walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Based in Paisley, Looking for walking buddies

Based in Paisley, Looking for walking buddies

Postby penelope1 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi there. I'm a lady hill-walker based in Paisley, absolutely mad about mountains and the outdoors. I usually walk solo (once or twice a week - yep, said I was mad about it) but would be nice to meet up with other like-minded people for walks. I work shifts so could be weekday or weekend. I'm happy to accompany less experienced walkers who would like company on a new munro (or smaller hill!). Would also like to meet up with more experienced walkers to improve my own walking (wee legs, not much good on snow!!) I have a car and would be willing to car-share (costs shared). Thanks!!! :) :)
penelope1

Munros:222   Corbetts:87
Fionas:6   Donalds:4

Re: Based in Paisley, Looking for walking buddies

Postby orion » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:04 pm

I`m happy to get out midweek also as I`m now retired . I no longer venture out in awful weather though !
Based just outside Glasgow .Sometimes there can be two or three of us out.
Equally happy doing smaller hills also,in fact,I prefer them for the peace and quiet..
Finished the Munros 25 years ago or thereabouts and I`m happy enough doing any hill that is interesting or has a good view :)
I`ll pm you my contact details Penelope .
orion

Postby Meatball » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:18 am

A fair few shift workers on here....fell free to give us a shout (on here or by pm) when you're heading out.
Meatball

Munros:63   Corbetts:50
Fionas:8   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   

Postby orion » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Meatball wrote:A fair few shift workers on here....fell free to give us a shout (on here or by pm) when you're heading out.

Will do Meatball :D

Think I`m off to a bothy for New Year,then I`m away for a long weekend first week of January and then off to Italy later that month but will keep it in mind for later.Weather might have improved by then :)
orion

Postby bikerbill » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi all

Hope you had a Merry Xmas & a Guid New Year. I have not done a lot of walking last year due to the members of the hillwalking club at work either left or took retirement. Looking forward to getting out on the hills this year though.
bikerbill
Walker

Munros:5   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Emmanuelle » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:57 pm

Hello! I don't work shifts but happy to be one of your walking buddies if you're free at weekends. I also often walk on my own when my walking partners is unavailable. I'm going out to Glen Feshie tomorrow (knee permitting) if you're interested. Leaving from Falkirk. E
Emmanuelle
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:78
Fionas:6   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:4   
Wainwrights:1   

Postby bikerbill » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:56 pm

I had a solo walk from Inveruglas last week end. I felt really weird because my dog Max was not with me as he sadly passed away a few weeks ago. Anyway, quite happy to tag along with others for a walk if time permits, bear in mind that I would prefer easy stuff to get my fitness levels up to speed :lol:
Quite happy to receive PM's or perhaps post here, where to meet up etc.

Billy
bikerbill
Walker

Munros:5   Corbetts:1

Postby MunroMadMen » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:19 am

Hey

I also work shifts and have half the month free so would be happy to tag in whenever you are heading out, just give me a shout if your looking for company as I'm looking to get some more Munros under my belt

Thanks

Geo
MunroMadMen
Munro compleatist

Munros:168   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1

Postby d6unx » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Another shift worker here, Based in Helensburgh, Usually a group of 3 or 4 of us head out, nearly always during the week, don't do weekends.. seem to spend most of the walk saying hello to everyone on the hills lol. Feel free to drop me a pm and can let you know when we heading out and what we are going to do..thanks D6unx
d6unx
Mountain Walker

Munros:125   Corbetts:2

Postby tammy1977 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 pm

hi, i currently live in norwich...no hills :( , but am relocating back to scotland... bridge of weir, in september
would be great to find people to go walking with or be able to advise whats good trails in that area
tammy1977
Mountaineer

Munros:3   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:3

Postby MunroMadMen » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:42 pm

tammy1977 wrote:hi, i currently live in norwich...no hills :( , but am relocating back to scotland... bridge of weir, in september
would be great to find people to go walking with or be able to advise whats good trails in that area

Sounds good your getting back up this way, give us a shout if you see any of our posts you would like to tag in on :)

G
MunroMadMen
Munro compleatist

Munros:168   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1

Postby annacyp » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Hello Penelope, I can join you if you tell me where to stay for 10 days or so cheaply or you camp with me. Low fitness levels here but I'm also crazy for the mountains like you.
annacyp
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs