walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Meall a Bhuiridh

Meall a Bhuiridh

Postby darren » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi folks going up Glencoe ski lifts this weekend promised my son I would take him up weather permitting, Does anyone know if you are aloud to walk to summit of Meall a Bhuiridh from top of ski lifts. Asking you guys for advice I will have my winter gear on but will not take walk to summit if I would have to take full winter kit and only if its simple walk in snow.
darren
Munro compleatist

Munros:35   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Meall a Bhuiridh

Postby jmarkb » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:55 pm

darren wrote:Hi folks going up Glencoe ski lifts this weekend promised my son I would take him up weather permitting, Does anyone know if you are aloud to walk to summit of Meall a Bhuiridh from top of ski lifts. Asking you guys for advice I will have my winter gear on but will not take walk to summit if I would have to take full winter kit and only if its simple walk in snow.

Yes, according to http://www.glencoemountain.co.uk/chairlift-rides.html - "The chairlift also allows access to walkers, climbers, paragliders and other mountain sports without the initial effort of climbing the mountain."

I'm sure you realise, but you can only go as far as the top of the chair lift without skis on: it's another 2km and 400m of ascent to the summit from there. It's not a difficult walk if you keep the the right (west) edge of the ski area, but it may require axe and crampons in some conditions.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Re: Meall a Bhuiridh

Postby darren » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Did not know that I thought you could ride to highest point on lifts, Ah well pub it is then :lol:
darren
Munro compleatist

Munros:35   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion