walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Howdy

Howdy

Postby ilovescotty » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Hello all. My name is Paddy, and I am new to Walkhighlands. I noticed this site the other day when planning my trip to the Mamores in June, lots of helpful bits and pieces to read.

I currently live in Herefordshire, a county famed for its cows and cider (and not much else). I have quite recently developed an obbsession with the outdoors and walking/climbing/canoeing etc. Scotland in particular captivates me like nowhere else.

I frequently walk the Brecon Beacons and Black mountains, which are only an hours drive from my home, as well as spending alot of time in the Forest of Dean, usually wild boar and deer spotting.

I don't belong to any walking clubs/societies. I enjoy the solitude of the countryside, and am not really what you would call a 'social walker'.

My first trip to Scotland was about 4 years ago, where I completed a 3 night camping 'expedition' as part of my college course that I was doing at the time. I returned with my girlfriend last October to the Cairngorms for a week, where we did some great hill walks and explored Glenmore forest. Best holiday i've ever had. Saw a stag in the forest, some female caprcaillie and a fair few red squirells.

Since then I have made a pact with myself to visit Scotland once every year to do some climbing. This year, the Mamores for 4 days and Loch Lomond for 3 days straight after. Can't Wait!
ilovescotty
Munro compleatist

Munros:5   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:2

Re: Howdy

Postby The Rodmiester » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:15 am

Hi there Paddy and welcome to WH! Glad your finding the site useful, in organising your trips up here. Roll on the Mamores etc, bet you cannot wait! :) hope the weather is kind to you, especially if your wild camping! Enjoy, and I look forward to reading your trip reports.
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby ilovescotty » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Thanks 'Rodmeister'.

I sure am excited. I've never been to the highlands in summer, so fingers crossed for the weather. Have uploaded one of my Brecon Beacons walks, and will upload my trip to the Cairngorms from last October (once I have painstakingly re-sized all the photographs) so look out for those!
ilovescotty
Munro compleatist

Munros:5   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:2

Postby The Rodmiester » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:53 pm

ilovescotty wrote:Thanks 'Rodmeister'.

I sure am excited. I've never been to the highlands in summer, so fingers crossed for the weather. Have uploaded one of my Brecon Beacons walks, and will upload my trip to the Cairngorms from last October (once I have painstakingly re-sized all the photographs) so look out for those!

:D :D :D Look forward to seeing the photographs!
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...