walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

i need some info on completing Ben Macdui and Braeriach Brir

i need some info on completing Ben Macdui and Braeriach Brir

Postby cowdie7 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:14 am

Hi. Id like to see who has completed both these mountains in the one session. Any info would begreat. Times. Route. Hints or tips. Thanks.
cowdie7
Mountaineer

Re: i need some info on completing Ben Macdui and Braeriach

Postby Kevin29035 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:45 am

Haven't done it myself, but a pal did it, went down the east spur of Braeriach, directly into the Lairig Ghru, and straight back out, up to Macdui. I don't think there is too much in it, apart from it's gonna be steep, trackless and rough going. The Gorms have this horrendous boulderfields-covered-by-heather - pretty horrendous, stay away from that otherwise you're good to go :-)
Kevin29035

Munros:173   Corbetts:173
Fionas:74   Donalds:17
Sub 2000:92   Hewitts:8

Postby Meatball » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:45 pm

Rocket Ron did it.
Meatball

Munros:63   Corbetts:50
Fionas:8   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   

Postby bydand_loon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:23 pm

last year - Cairngorm - Macdhui - ANother ein?, then dropped down to the Bothy, Climbed up to the devils bitty and dossed down there for the night, following day along the tops to Braeriach and back to cairngorm carpark. Pretty goosed after that tbh, going down from Macdhui to the lairig ghru wasnt fun, a long long long trudge but nothing to difficult if your fit and fast enough (im not, but im never in a rush either :D )

theres a you tube of Murial Gray doing Braeriach :shock: even teaches you how to pronounce it, great for dinner parties and stuff
bydand_loon
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion