walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Newbie to the Hills

Newbie to the Hills

Postby High On Hills » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:03 pm

DSCF1934_opt.jpg
View from Benarty looking over to Bishop Hill
Hi, I,m Pete from Fife. I have an interest in Hill bagging, climbing, walking , etc. I have collected all the basic gear. I have been the summits of Bishop, Benarty and Hill o Beath. also done the Black craig circular. I know this area well , and for safety as i go on my own and am not too good with compass or maps, i love maps.. i done theses easy,ones. I love takin pics , camera aint great but it works. love to get close to edges and crags and see interesting things. at some point i want to go weith experienced people. My next 3 challenges are, East n west Lomonds and The lovely Normans Law.. Say hi , and thanks for reading.. Pete ...
High On Hills
Mountain Walker

Munros:1   
Donalds:2
Sub 2000:11   

Re: Newbie to the Hills

Postby The Rodmiester » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi there Pete, you have some fabulous hills over there in Fife, having done quite a few last year. I only climbed the Ochils last year, and really enjoyed them, with many different routes to find. You will find quite a few of my reports on the WH website, which in my opinion is second to none. Enjoy your days on the hill and let's hope the poor weather improves soon :)
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby High On Hills » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks very much. Not sure how to reply on this. Yes lots views I never even considered. Now i have bagged a few littlehills I feelkind of priviliged. Yes Ditto on the weather mate. My days off have been wasted e
with weather , but Onwards n Upwards eh..
High On Hills
Mountain Walker

Postby High On Hills » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Cant figure out how to reply to people I dont want to appear ignorant.
High On Hills
Mountain Walker

Postby Fife Flyer » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:48 pm

High On Hills wrote:Cant figure out how to reply to people I dont want to appear ignorant.

Click on the QUOTE icon & is if by magic :wink:

Welcome from just down the road, Lomonds are my training hills to keep the legs moving :lol:
Any time you want to venture up higher just give me a shout, I have all the maps, compass etc.

Martin
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby ScottC » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi Pete,

Try Dumglow and the Cleish Hills. A wee treasure of a place hidden behind Loch Glow. Use a little imagination and you could be in the Highlands.

Or you could try up Dunning Glen near Glen Devon or over to Dollar and beyond. Both are part of the Ochills

A lot of people don't realise how lucky we are in Fife. Lucky for us...

Give me a PM if you want to head out.

Cheers

Scott C.
ScottC
Hill Bagger

Munros:55   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:9   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...