walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from a beginner in Inverness

Hello from a beginner in Inverness

Postby Kenny1980 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Hello,
I am Kenny macleod from Inverness and I am a youth leader looking to improve my Adventure Training skills. Due to me taking on a role with the DofE I want to gain qualifications in walking group leader, and summer mountain leader. And progressing into climbing. So if anyone has any knowledge or skills to pass on please do.

Thank you :wink:
Kenny1980
Mountaineer

Munros:6   

Re: Hello from a beginner in Inverness

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Kenny1980 wrote:Hello,
I am Kenny macleod from Inverness and I am a youth leader looking to improve my Adventure Training skills. Due to me taking on a role with the DofE I want to gain qualifications in walking group leader, and summer mountain leader. And progressing into climbing. So if anyone has any knowledge or skills to pass on please do.

Thank you :wink:

Never work with children or animals.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Kenny1980 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Haha it's not that bad, Never worked with animals tho.
Kenny1980
Mountaineer

Postby The Rodmiester » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:14 am

Hi there Kenny1980, welcome to the site, you will find loads of good info on this site, Enjoy! I see you have climbed your local Munro Ben Wyvis, when and what is going to be your second? :)
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Kenny1980 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:01 am

Hello Rodmiester,
Have done a few more I just haven't fully updated my profile yet. Had them recorded in an old Munro log book but I have lost the book :? When I was living / working in Perth I went out on the hills with a experienced hill walker and we went out as often as we could. I really enjoyed the hills but sitting up in Inverness I have not had the same opportunity to get out (would like to blame finding a wife but that's pretty poor :wink: ) . I hope this year I can gain extra hill experience.
Kenny
Kenny1980
Mountaineer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...