walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hej from Germany

Hej from Germany

Postby Libelle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi my name is Susanne and I really love walking in Scottland. In 4 weeks I`ll be there for the 6th time and I`m so much looking forward to it! I walked some Longdistantwalks and visited some of the wonderful islands.
Can anybody tell me something about Knoydart and walking there, that will be my target for this year.
Cheers
Susanne
Libelle
Mountaineer

Re: Hej from Germany

Postby The Rodmiester » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi there Susanne, and welcome to WH! Knoydart, is wonderful and I will be going there with the club hopefully on the 2nd May for a few days and probably camping at Barrisdale Bay and walking from the East end of Loch Hourn. I have done this walk three times already and can recommend it, I have also walked in from the end of Loch Arkaig but this is longer. You can also take the boat from Mallaig over to Inverie where there is a Pub with good food and also a campsite nearby, I have never approached by boat as you are tied to sailings etc, so cannot give much info re this. If you wish further info PM me if you wish. Hope you enjoy your stay and the weather is kind to you, Rod
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby jmarkb » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:40 am

The main boat service from Mallaig to Inverie is this one: http://www.knoydartferry.com/
More useful information about Knoydart: http://www.knoydart-foundation.com/
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Postby Alteknacker » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:33 pm

Gruess Gott,

If you want to be totally inspired by Knoydart, the best report I've read is Andrew Doggett's on this site. Really well worth a read.

It's inspired me, and I WILL be going there.
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...