walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Buachaille Etive Mor - Obsessive Compulsive Munroism

Buachaille Etive Mor - Obsessive Compulsive Munroism

Postby Riverman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Munros included on this walk: Stob Dearg (Buachaille Etive Mòr), Stob na Bròige (Buachaille Etive Mòr)

Date walked: 05/04/2014

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1001m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Last weekend I doubled my munro count to 8. After a lot of frustration with injury in 2013, 2014 is shaping into a much better year. The weekend saw me bag my first solo munros (Ben Vane and Stob Coire Raineach) but the highlight was definitely Buachaille Etive Mor, completed last Saturday with Max Hunter. Conditions on the day were grey but thankfully not too wet. A really enjoyable route, particularly towards the southern end of the ridge.

I've written more about the four munros I enjoyed last weekend on my blog, together with some pictures. One theme I explore is some of the obsessive compulsive traits I observe in myself and wonder if these are more common amongst munro baggers!

Attachments

20140407-1.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Riverman
Mountaineer

Munros:60   Corbetts:5
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:87
Wainwrights:4   Islands:4

Re: Buachaille Etive Mor - Obsessive Compulsive Munroism

Postby AbbsFooty » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Good report! I hope your injury is ok! Thanks for posting! :lol: :)
AbbsFooty
Mountaineer

Munros:3   
Fionas:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland