walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Cuillin Ridge 24th May / 25th May 2014

Cuillin Ridge 24th May / 25th May 2014

Postby Jonny Stubbs » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:37 pm

I am looking for (a) partner(s) to walk the 11 Munro, Cuillin Ridge starting very early on the 24th May, sleeping on the ridge and completing the walk on the Sunday.

It would be my first attempt at this very significant undertaking which I'm doing with a very good understanding of the level of challenge and preparation required.

I have a high level of fitness, mountain experience, adequate/good climbing experience. All appropriate equipment. A strong sense of preservation and teamwork.

I would love to join any organised group and would share all costs of guides etc.

So.....I really hope to hear from you

Regards

John 07723300684
Last edited by Jonny Stubbs on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny Stubbs

Re: Cuillin Ridge 24th May / 25th May 2014

Postby garyhikernz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:52 am

Hi Jonny.

This could be a great idea. I will begin the skye trail on the Tuesday, complete the Trotternish Ridge on wednesday and I will arrive at the Sligachan by Friday anyway.

I would like to discuss more with you your experience for this route. You can email me garylewisnz at googlemail c o m.
I cant phone you as I only have access to satellite phone at the moment, and the connection is not so great.

Talk soon
Gary
garyhikernz
Stravaiging

Postby theformerastronomer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:13 am

Hi Jonny,

I'll have done the ridge (although not all in one go) earlier that week, so won't be able to join you but happy to update on the conditions on the ridge before you go, if that would be helpful?

Cheers,
J
theformerastronomer
Munro compleatist

Munros:80   Corbetts:11
Fionas:4   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:18   Islands:10

Postby Jonny Stubbs » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:54 am

It would be brilliant to have an update on the weather ridge and any other information advice too Thanks a lot mate
Jonny Stubbs

Postby Jonny Stubbs » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks a lot I'd really appreciate weather information and any other tips you'd care to share. Many thanks mate
Jonny Stubbs

Postby theformerastronomer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:45 pm

No problem - I'll let you know.

J
theformerastronomer
Munro compleatist

Munros:80   Corbetts:11
Fionas:4   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:18   Islands:10

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs