walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello folks

Hello folks

Postby neurosceptic » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Been signed up to this site for a wee while but never formally introduced myself. My name is Kris and i did a charity hike up Ben Nevis last year and raised over £3000 for Cancer Research UK but since then, i caught the hillwalking bug and wanted to do more but just been waiting for the weather to improve and the days to get brighter before i started venturing out.

For the first hike of the year, me and my pal headed out to Lochnagar last weekend and albeit being a truly glorious sunny day, stupid me already made my first rookie mistake - i didn't wear a hat or wear sunblock so my dumb ass came back with a face that was so red it could've stopped traffic.

Anyway, always really liked this site and found it to be really helpful. Will look forward to contributing some of my stuff over the course of the year.

Hope you're all having a great day

Kris
neurosceptic
Mountaineer

Re: Hello folks

Postby The Rodmiester » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:29 am

Hi there Kris, and welcome to the WH site, glad your finding it useful. :) an easy mistake to make not realising how strong the sun is especially if there is a cooling breeze on the summits, live and learn eh! Well I guess that's something else to carry in the bag from now on :lol: Good luck in your future ventures on the hill :)
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Re: Hello folks

Postby neurosceptic » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanks Rod.

Aye, there wasn't much cloud cover and the sun was just beating down on us all day. Probably the most perfect day to go up into the hills but i certainly learned a lesson from it when i came back looking like The Singing Detective. :o
neurosceptic
Mountaineer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...