walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

My Hollys Last Walk

My Hollys Last Walk

by spiderwebb » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Date walked: 19/06/2014

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: My Hollys Last Walk

Postby Beaner001 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Sorry for your loss Dave, thoughts are with you right now.
Beaner001
Mountain Walker

Munros:241   Corbetts:29
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Postby clivegrif » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello Spiderwebb

Thanks for sharing this, she looks like she was a fine little dog and I bet she enjoyed those days in the hills with you.

It probably feels like you've lost your shadow at the moment, but keep remembering the good times you had with her.

I'm sure this is a real reminder to the rest of us to treasure the time we have with our loyal companions, it certainly made me give my Monty some fuss.

Best wishes
clivegrif
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:37
Fionas:15   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:194
Wainwrights:50   Islands:3

Postby spiderwebb » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Beaner001 wrote:Sorry for your loss Dave, thoughts are with you right now.

Many thanks Beaner

clivegrif wrote:Hello Spiderwebb

Thanks for sharing this, she looks like she was a fine little dog and I bet she enjoyed those days in the hills with you.

It probably feels like you've lost your shadow at the moment, but keep remembering the good times you had with her.

I'm sure this is a real reminder to the rest of us to treasure the time we have with our loyal companions, it certainly made me give my Monty some fuss.

Best wishes

She sure was Clivegrif, she sure was. She loved being out, as do I and yes treasure that time for it goes so quickly....never happier on the the hills

WH1.jpg
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby scottishkennyg » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Sorry for your loss Dave, hopefully you have many happy and lasting memories to keep you going on the hills..
scottishkennyg

Munros:282   

Postby davedanson28 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Hey, sorry to hear your news, such a shame! However from one dog lover to another........one thing is for sure your dug, Holly has had a fantastic life, something most dogs can only dream of. It makes me sad reading your post because I know it will come to haunt me one day. Like people have already said, remember all them great times! Cheers Dave.
davedanson28
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:4   

Postby Sick Kid » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Cracking pics of a gorgeous girl! A very lucky and happy dog, my heart is breaking for you Spider :cry:

But you have so many fantastic memories to hold on to, she will never leave you, big hugs x
Sick Kid
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+50
Sub 2000:364   Hewitts:26
Wainwrights:13   

Postby spiderwebb » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:47 pm

scottishkennyg wrote:Sorry for your loss Dave, hopefully you have many happy and lasting memories to keep you going on the hills..

Many thanks SKG, hill memories last forever.

davedanson28 wrote:Hey, sorry to hear your news, such a shame! However from one dog lover to another........one thing is for sure your dug, Holly has had a fantastic life, something most dogs can only dream of. It makes me sad reading your post because I know it will come to haunt me one day. Like people have already said, remember all them great times! Cheers Dave.

Appreciate it Dave, yes treasure every moment.

Sick Kid wrote:Cracking pics of a gorgeous girl! A very lucky and happy dog, my heart is breaking for you Spider :cry:

But you have so many fantastic memories to hold on to, she will never leave you, big hugs x

Many thanks Sick Kid, heartbroken too,,,Congrats on yours and WM compleation
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Postby weaselmaster » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:34 pm

So sad when this happens - even when you know it's heading that way it doesn't make it hurt any less.
Leaves a big void inside. Feel for you, Dave.
1 year 3 months since my Finn died - still pick up a rock from each summit I do to put on his grave.
weaselmaster
Hill Bagger

Munros:277   Corbetts:216
Fionas:183   Donalds:73+30
Sub 2000:391   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:15   Islands:28

Postby spiderwebb » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:47 am

weaselmaster wrote:So sad when this happens - even when you know it's heading that way it doesn't make it hurt any less.
Leaves a big void inside. Feel for you, Dave.
1 year 3 months since my Finn died - still pick up a rock from each summit I do to put on his grave.

Thanks WM, yep a big void, some things in life are priceless. Would have had a grave too, but imminent move put paid to that. Weekend of hills coming, she'll be with me.
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Postby tweedledog » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:20 pm

So sorry. No doubt like everyone else who always walks with a dog I have tears in my eyes.
tweedledog
Wanderer

Postby spiderwebb » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:30 pm

tweedledog wrote:So sorry. No doubt like everyone else who always walks with a dog I have tears in my eyes.

:( :( :( many thanks tweedledog
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

15 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland