walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Vango Helix 100 + Sale of Coleman Cobra 2

Vango Helix 100 + Sale of Coleman Cobra 2

Postby Barcode » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi all,

Firstly, I am selling a NEW Coleman Cobra 2 tent. Item was purchased for a trip with my wife but she couldn't make it in the end so I took my bivvy bag. Really spacious tent, very lightweight for size. Knocked £40 off what I paid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221478317413? ... 291wt_1190

SECONDLY...the Vango Helix 100, has anyone tried this tent yet or seen one in the flesh? I'm thinking of getting one for a trip to Norway in a few weeks, want something big enough for me and my 40l pack, but not so small that I can get cabin fever 2 days in. :shock:

All advice appreciated. :D
Barcode
Mountaineer

Munros:3   

Re: Vango Helix 100 + Sale of Coleman Cobra 2

Postby cluons » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:36 pm

I got a Vango Helix 200 for my trip to Scotland last week and it was fine (as a 1 person tent). Main problem is getting in or out of the tent when it is raining - as you have to be very quick (and the extra space helps here). I don't think I would have been happy with it as a 2-person tent and I don't think the Helix 100 would have been big enough for me (unless the weather was dry all the time, you don't have much stuff and you have lots of time getting in and out of the tent).
cluons
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk