walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cruach Ardrain & Stob Binnein

Cruach Ardrain & Stob Binnein

Postby Louise993 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:03 am

Munros included on this walk: Cruach Àrdrain, Stob Binnein

Date walked: 15/07/2014

Time taken: 9.38 hours

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 1035m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Absalute cracking day.

Deliberate late start( 2pm) , hoping to catch some beautiful sunsets , however not to be, but still a cracking day.

3rd time lucky sneeking up the back and up the bealach between 'IT' and the lovely tulaichean.

Met a very interesting chap Robert McKay , McKay of the McKay's :roll:

Decided to go for the Binnein too which was a hard slog dropping back down to 425 with a steep ascent to meet the bealach between Ben More and the Binnein . Unfortunately i did not have time to do Ben More ( i was going to be hitting midnight before i got down as it was) . So decided to leave it for a wee easy day.

Bit of a freek out when i had two young lads standing( bottle of cider in hand) in the pitch black waiting for me to cross the stile by the car park (Inverlochlarig ) . It turns out the 2 guys had driven up from Glasgow for a drive !!!!
As a jest i asked the chaps is this a dogging site chuckle, chuckle , snigger, snigger and they never replied ....AWKWARD !
Sparked up a ciggie , got phone out ( although no signal) car key out , bag off shoulder and crossed the stile, mentioning that i would love to stay and chat but i have 20 mins to phone my brother or mountain rescue will be turning up ( which was true my check in was for midnight ) .
Needless to say i got straight in the car locked the door boots in all and drove off.
2 mins later the Police pass me heading towards the car park !!
Had to wave them down in the car ( admittedly not the friendliest of coppers ) and asked them if it was a local dogging site . One of them heehowed and said not that he new of ( the other sitting stern faced just staring at me ) but had i seen a white transit van up there?? !!
Maybe thats why they were heading up there :lol:

A bit freeky that they were waiting in the pitch black for me to come over the stile , heart was fecking racing . Needless to say i will not be doing a night one again where its in an isolated car park , who would have thought , it's all happening up in Inverlochlarig car park on a Tuesday night ?? !!

Anyhoo great day , Sunnto route attached
Attachments

Move_2014_07_15_14_04_36_Mountaineering (1).gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Louise993
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:13
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland