walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Southern Munros or further afield from 11 th August

Southern Munros or further afield from 11 th August

Postby devondebs » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi there,

Is there anyone I can link up with who is free around 11 August through till the weekend for some munro bagging either in the Southern Highlands or further afield. I am thinking of coming up with my wee tent and my wee dog ( he has completed 6 this year), for some more munro bagging to feed my addiction for these lovely mountains. I am flexible as to where but will be camping with the midges so a nice coastal campsite would probably be best. I was up in the Glen Shiel area 4 weeks ago and shared the experience with all the midges! But found a great campsite near Gairloch on the coast which was almost midge free so finding a similar one would be good!

Anyway, maybe someone might be available for a day or so?

Hope to hear from you.

Best wishes,

Debbie and Macdui ( the dog)
devondebs
Munro compleatist

Munros:117   Corbetts:8
Fionas:1   Donalds:6
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Southern Munros or further afield from 11 th August

Postby simon-b » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi Debs, I'm in the area 9 to 23 August. If you're still around on Saturday 16, and you and Macdui are up for a big one, come and join us on this:
http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=44184

I've looked at your Munro map, and some of my planned routes which may also be of interest to you are:-
Priorities:-
1. Ben Lui, Beinn a' Chleibh, Ben Oss and Ben Dubhchraig.
2. Beinn Mhanach, Beinn a' Chreachain and Beinn Achaladair.
3. Beinn Dorain and Beinn an Dothaidh.
4. Ben More and Stob Binnein.
5. Ben Vane, Beinn Ime and Beinn Narnain.
6. Beinn Bhuidhe
(7. Ben Vorlich (Lomond), but this might be a half day walk when I travel on 9th or 23rd.)

Possible:-
Beinn a' Chochuill and Beinn Eunaich.

Please let me know what you think,

Simon.
simon-b
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:30
Fionas:7   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:155
Wainwrights:214   Islands:4

Postby devondebs » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi Simon,

Thanks for getting in touch. Not sure about the 16th just yet, but will check out the Munros you listed - some of them I have done, but am sure we can link up for the others.

Need to get my books/maps out - have just moved so finding everything is a problem!

Will get back to you very soon,

Debs
devondebs
Munro compleatist

Munros:117   Corbetts:8
Fionas:1   Donalds:6
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:214   

Postby cmarcol » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:15 pm

devondebs wrote:Need to get my books/maps out - have just moved so finding everything is a problem!

Know that feeling! Only just unpacked mine properly last week. My work schedule is very last minute right now but would be good if you kept this up to date with what you're doing and I can maybe jump in last minute.

I don't think I would manage some of simon-bs epics though! I really need to be in the right mindset to do more than 1500m climb or 20km distance in a day :lol:

(Well I would manage but could be a grumpy ........... :lol: )
cmarcol
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:22
Fionas:6   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs