walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

ben more /stob binnein

ben more /stob binnein

Postby peterd » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Route description: Ben More and Stob Binnein

Munros included on this walk: Ben More, Stob Binnein

Date walked: 26/07/2014

Time taken: 7.3 hours

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 1335m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

another good walk with the council club 2nd time round on these two giants ,again very wet and windy day after a bright start,nice walk in up to the beallach ,started with stob binnien first some nice views in between cloud breaks, time we reached the top at ben more things got very wet and windy visibilty down to near enough zero,we were all glad to get back down the mini bus .although i was soaked i still enjoyed the walk .to all those walkers we met on the descent wearing just trainers and shorts a get grip of yourselfs and look at the weather forecast before you go on to the hills i could call you a few names but this is a clean forum no wonder the mountain rescue team are so busy. :)
peterd
Munro compleatist

Munros:36   Corbetts:11
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland