walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

New to this site.

New to this site.

Postby summerhill » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:11 am

Hello all.
My name is Colin age 57 live in Musselburgh. I have been interested in hillwalking most of my life. I ventured out into the hills of Aberdeenshire at age 13. By the time I was 15 I had covered most of the Cairngorm. I didn't count Munros then its wasn't a popular pastime. The emphasis was on a good day out not putting ticks in books. But like so many of my fellow hillwalkers I now keep a list. I haven't completed all the Munros as yet but nearly there. I must have set a record for taking the longest time to complete a round of Munros. My last outing was a solo venture to the Saddle on Thursday 24th July. It was a blisteringly hot day ( 30deg ) I didn't carry enough water and was a bit dehydrated by the time I got off. Even experienced walkers make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. My next outing is this Sunday , off to Ben Vorlich ( Loch Lomond ) again. The forecast is heavy rain so it looks like I'm going to get a soaking.
I bought a Satmap this week so I'm going to try it out, i'll let you know how I get on.
Cheers
Colin
summerhill
Munro compleatist

Munros:276   

Re: New to this site.

Postby GillC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:31 am

Welcome Colin,,, yep,,think everyones in for a soaking this weekend. :shock: We're off to Glen Affric for a couple of soggy days,

Enjoy Vorlich, :D
GillC
Munro compleatist

Munros:64   Corbetts:50
Fionas:32   Donalds:30
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:22

Re: New to this site.

Postby mountainstar » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi Colin.
Welcome. Your name took my notice...I'm from a village called Summerhill.
mountainstar
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:221
Fionas:24   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:217
Wainwrights:214   Islands:24

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...