walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

beinn chrulaiste overnighter

beinn chrulaiste overnighter

Postby ageingrambler » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:09 pm

Is there a reliable source of water near the top of Beinn Chrulaiste in Glencoe or do i have to take my own. I'm planning an overnighter and would rather not drag 2+ litres up the hill if i don't really need to. Appreciate any feedback.
ageingrambler
Munro compleatist

Re: beinn chrulaiste overnighter

Postby Sgurr » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:50 pm

The allt is your best bet, but at this time of year the branch marked on the map as going up to NN248570 may not exist. But it is a very easy hill, and having dumped your stuff, it would be no hardship to nip down for some water as long as it is still light. In the only only overnighter I have read about, it was winter, and the guy melted snow, which is time and fuel consuming, and won't be an option in July!! Hang on Are you talking about the one opposite Buchaille Etive Mor: Beinn A' Chrulaiste?
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby ageingrambler » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Yes. I stated it was Glencoe.
ageingrambler
Munro compleatist

Postby ptc* » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:27 pm

It's not a big climb from either end of the ridge, just carry your water up, descending from camp for water and going back up will be twice the effort.

Pick some good weather for it, the views across to Glen Coe are fine indeed, but the best view is south across Rannoch where late in the year the sun rises through the Lawers range.
Great camp spot.
ptc*

Postby ageingrambler » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks.
ageingrambler
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion