walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Missing Jacket on Ben Challum

Missing Jacket on Ben Challum

Postby twentyhertz » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:46 pm

I was away up Ben Challum yesterday, and while descending, the clag lifted and the rain stopped, so I strapped my waterproof jacket onto the back of my rucksack to let it dry out a bit. Unfortunately however, the one thing that didn't let up was the rather brisk wind, and I believe it may have robbed me of my trusty jacket.

The jacket went missing somewhere around the boggy bit just east of the deer fence on the path down to Auchtertyre at 650m elevation and would've been blowing East, it might be anywhere around Beinn Nan Imirean, Meall Glas, or Sgiath Chuil by now for all I know. Either that or Denmark... I just can't be sure.

It's a Mountain Equipment Supercell Goretex Active Shell Jacket, size Medium, in two-tone Blue - I don't think it has any identifying marks and probably nothing in the pockets other than maybe a bounty wrapper.

Any help recovering the jacket would be very greatly appreciated - I realise the odds of finding it again are pretty well slim to none, but I'd be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me get it back. My email address is rossfinnie@hotmail.com, which might be a bit easier than replying on here.

Here's a photo of me and my jacket back in some happier times:

twentyhertz

Munros:5   Corbetts:1

Re: Missing Jacket on Ben Challum

Postby IamAJMiller » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:44 am

You could try posting this in the Lost and Found forum as well. Might have more luck there if it's been found already.
IamAJMiller
Munro compleatist

Munros:13   Corbetts:34
Fionas:2   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:18   Hewitts:51
Wainwrights:78   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion