walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Webtogs Walk Report Winners - July

Webtogs Walk Report Winners - July

Postby Webtogs » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Date walked: 12/08/2014

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well, there were some excellent walk reports submitted for July, and we have had a brilliant time reading the fabulous descriptions, admiring the beautiful photographs and scratching sympathetically at all your midge encounters. It is time to reveal the winner and runner up Walkhighlands users who've won £60 and £30 respectively to spend on http://www.webtogs.co.uk for their walk reports over the past month.

We can choose just 1 winner and have to agree with you all that Ailsa Craig - big air and deep water by Ian Johnston was a truly inspiring report. We loved all the little details about Ailsa Craig and your sheer enthusiasm and appreciation of the spectacular surroundings was clear for all to see. We are confident that your story will have inspired many Walkhighlands readers to visit, although I’m not sure just how many will go via kayak. In fact, there is the one word used by many here at Webtogs, Inspirational.

Runner up prize for July must go to Kintail Sisters, Brothers, Fhada and a Mutha of a day! by electricfly. Not only for the thoroughly enjoyable read and a brilliant set of photographs (we loved the summit selfies) but also for the incredible achievement in completing the walk, both you and those 2 fantastic dogs. Thanks for including the kit list as well in your report. It is always useful to see what others take with them and it is surprising how little you can take to still walk safely. We do hope you have managed to replace your jacket and at least the runner up prize might ease the pain of losing the gear a little.

We will be in touch with the winners via email during the course of the next day with details of how to claim the prizes.
Thanks you to all our walk reporters for July, we are looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in August.
Webtogs
Munro compleatist

Re: Webtogs Walk Report Winners - July

Postby Ian Johnston » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:16 pm

Wow, thank you so much!

Thanks to all who commented on the report, it's great to read that it was of interest :D

Ailsa Craig is an amazing place; if you can get there do it in early summer for the birds and the stunning display of bluebells on the steep slopes

Kind Regards

Ian
Ian Johnston

Munros:282   Corbetts:72
Fionas:20   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:29   Hewitts:128
Wainwrights:118   Islands:64

Postby electricfly » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Congratulations Ian, a very worthy winner!

Thanks to everyone for the comments on my report also. The runner's up spot was a very pleasant surprise.

I need to get round to writing it's follow up. (The Mullardoch round) which I did with Shona and all four of our spaniels. :crazy:

Cheers! EF
electricfly

Munros:282   Corbetts:34
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:26
Wainwrights:45   

Postby Beaner001 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Well done both thoroughly deserved, these have to be two of the best reports i've read since joining the site. Although i enjoy almost all WR's each of you added that little special touch to these that made them stand out from the rest :clap:
Cheers
Matt
Beaner001
Mountain Walker

Munros:241   Corbetts:29
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Postby SAVAGEALICE » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Well done :clap: :D
SAVAGEALICE

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:81   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:46   Hewitts:22
Wainwrights:33   Islands:21

Postby Anne C » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Well done to you both - excellent reports indeed.I'm always amazed by the sheer scale of what folk undertake.Makes me realise how lazy I actually am these days! :clap: :clap:
Anne C
Walker

Munros:142   Corbetts:30
Fionas:34   Donalds:29
Sub 2000:48   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:57

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland