walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Question/Suggestion: Linking Walk Reports (Mods)?

Question/Suggestion: Linking Walk Reports (Mods)?

Postby BoyVertiginous » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:23 am

Bear with me, I'm a techno-numpty (as well as being a lazy so and so).

Lots of people on here walk together with other WH'ers. I did so recently and my companion wrote-up a fine report, does this site already allow a walk report to be linked to more than one person's blog. I realise I can create another relatively quickly, via copy & paste, but just got me wondering if it was already a feature or, if not, one that might be considered for the site.

I say this, fully realising the potential for mis-use. I could just add 282 walk reports to my blog and claim to have compleated but, perhaps it would be possible for the site to allow it on the basis of a function where the report author confirms the other person(s) was/were on the trip?
BoyVertiginous
Wanderer

Munros:251   Corbetts:75
Fionas:26   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:49   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:62   Islands:18

Re: Question/Suggestion: Linking Walk Reports (Mods)?

Postby jmarkb » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:33 am

You could just post a walk report with the URL of your companion's report pasted in (and maybe a brief sentence saying something like "Walked with Fred, see his excellent report here: ").
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Re: Question/Suggestion: Linking Walk Reports (Mods)?

Postby BoyVertiginous » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:43 am

jmarkb wrote:You could just post a walk report with the URL of your companion's report pasted in (and maybe a brief sentence saying something like "Walked with Fred, see his excellent report here: ").

Thanks, jmarkb.

I used the aforesaid copy & paste method and similarly attributed it to "Fred", though linking to the URL would work equally well.

Cheers.
BoyVertiginous
Wanderer

Munros:251   Corbetts:75
Fionas:26   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:49   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:62   Islands:18

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion