walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Fuji-up In Glen Etive - S C an Albannaich & Glas Bheinn Mhor

Fuji-up In Glen Etive - S C an Albannaich & Glas Bheinn Mhor

Postby JimboJim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Munros included on this walk: Glas Bheinn Mhòr, Stob Coir an Albannaich

Date walked: 27/08/2014

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 1300m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

My usual fairly impulsive decision to head for hills and my post for meet-up, met with a response for first time, bringing me a couple of good companions for the day and hopefully, future trips. Thanks Martin and Russell for joining me, on an intended hike round Stob Coir an Albannaich and Meall nan Eun. Note, "intended," as they may not have been so thankful to me, having upset plans by leaving my camera behind en route. This was part way up Learg Mheuran, at a refuelling spot. Ironically, it must have been near the Robber's Waterfall, however we found the camera on way down, having had to substantially alter plans, first taking in Stob Coir an Albannaich and then returning to the bealach to do Glas Bheinn Mhor, which proved a nice ridge walk in itself. Ben Starav and Beinn nan Aighenan, lay waiting temptingly, but will have to wait for another day.
Anyway, here's a link to Martin's report of the Fuji-up and thanks again, chaps for your forbearance and good company. (Also, a couple of my few pics, to prove I was actually there and no' at the pub!)

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45386
Attachments
Etive 002_1024_768.JPG
Starav.
Etive 004_1024_768.JPG
Starav.
Etive 005_1024_768.JPG
Meall nan Tri Tighearnan.
Etive 011_956_768.JPG
Redoubtable Russell.
Etive 008_1024_678.JPG
Russell checks out another 'group of rocks.' Where did all these 'groups of rocks' come from!
Etive 012_1024_709.JPG
Search over! Glas Bheinn Mhor to left and Meall nan Tri Tighearnan to right side of corrie.
Etive 007_1024_704.JPG
Martin on the search!
Etive 013_1024_768.JPG
River Etive upstream from bridge at Coiletir.
Etive 015_1024_690.JPG
Buachaille Etive Mor, right and Buachaille Etive Beag, left.
Last edited by JimboJim on Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimboJim
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:55
Fionas:15   
Sub 2000:24   
Islands:22
Walk wish-list

Re: Fuji-up In Glen Etive - S C an Albannaich & Glas Bhein M

Postby Fife Flyer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:13 pm

Not many photo's Jimmy :lol: :lol: The ones you did take were fab :wink:
Thanks for your company :clap: :clap:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland