walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The last of the Cairngorms !!

The last of the Cairngorms !!

Postby steven65 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Route description: Cairn Toul - Braeriach traverse

Munros included on this walk: Braeriach, Cairn Toul, Sgòr an Lochain Uaine, The Devil's Point

Date walked: 31/08/2014

Time taken: 15.1 hours

Distance: 36.6 km

Ascent: 2111m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A spectacular day out accompanied by my mate Scott - we always seem to walk together in the Cairngorms ! An early start from home off just before 5 am & walking from sugarbowl car park at 635am , cloudy overcast weather as forecast to begin with , then clearing totally in the afternoon , fabulous views on the way back out from the Devils Point - we went in via Lairig Ghru as per walk description .
This was a huge day out taking us 15 hrs 10 mins the last section with headtorches on for 1.5 hrs ,......once over the Allt Druidh approaching the Chalamain Gap we avoided the C-gap by skirting around Creag a` Chalamain for safety I did not want to go through the rocky boulder field in the dark !!
In reality this is a huge 1 day walk not to be taken lightly !!!!!!!!!!!! I put some fotos on TH via F-book - none on here
steven65
Mountain Walker

Munros:262   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland