walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Webtogs Walk Report Winners - August

Webtogs Walk Report Winners - August

Postby Webtogs » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:58 am

Date walked: 06/09/2014

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

As ever, it has been great to read all the Walk Reports for August. You seem to have had it all, rain, mist, sun, midges, spectacular views, no views at all......but then, that's just a normal walk in the Highlands, and that is also what makes it such an amazing place to walk. The images are spectacular in all your photographs and so often the mist seem to add to the splendour of the scenery.

Our favourite walk report for this month and winner of the £60 prize to spend at Webtogs is Ladhar Bheinn circular from Inverie by OldBill. :clap: A walk of ups and downs, physically and mentally, especially with the typically changeable weather and that tricky false cairn. You have shown us some lovely photos there too. Keep submitting those reports.

Our runner up and winner of £30 to spend a Webtogs is East Glenshee Six - My first Report! by Happy Snapper. :clap: An impressive achievement and a report full of enthusiasm, lovely memories and also a handy tip on keeping those energy levels up. We really hope this is the first of many reports you submit to Walkhighlands.

We will be in touch with the winners over the next couple of days. Keep walking in September and submitting those reports.
Webtogs
Munro compleatist

Re: Webtogs Walk Report Winners - August

Postby gammy leg walker » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:42 am

Well done to both winners :clap: :clap: ,but for the life of me cant understand why Rockhoppers completion TR has been overlooked :shock: :roll: ...................pin the tail on the donkey anyone. :wink:
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Happy Snapper » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:38 am

I've just received an email from Web togs with my code. Thanks so much, I'm delighted to be chosen as runner up. I must get back into the hills and write more reports! Well done to the winner too :D
Happy Snapper
Munro compleatist

Munros:30   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   

Postby RocksRock » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Gammy leg walker: perhaps we could have an additional award, for the best compleation report of the year, voted for by the readership of this most excellent site? No prize, just the glory.
RocksRock

Munros:4   Corbetts:7
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:26   Islands:8

Postby Old Bill » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Apologies all, I've just seen this and wasn't aware that winning TRs were announced here, as that Ladhar Bheinn was my first one.

So many thanks - the prize was quickly spent at Webtogs, despite some technical difficulties they were very helpful! Can't remember the lady's name now though...

Thanks again, the TRs reports on here are cracking and I was most chuffed to have my first submission win. I just hope I haven't set the far too high for myself! hehe

OB
Old Bill
Wanderer

Munros:51   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:10   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland