walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

2-3 season ladies boot recommendations

2-3 season ladies boot recommendations

Postby Hill-loving lady » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:01 pm

After probably a hard year on lots of hills, I have decided to replace my Salomon quest boots and have read loads of reviews on various brands and styles. Just wonder what folks on here recommend?

Given the number of bog trots and wet westerly hills on my agenda, waterproof and breathable are a must. Comfort is obviously vital. Am well fed up with having to dry out my boots after soggy days out!
What are you wearing? And what do you most recommend? :? :? :?
Hill-loving lady
Munro compleatist

Munros:164   Corbetts:17
Fionas:9   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:16   

Re: 2-3 season ladies boot recommendations

Postby jmarkb » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Sorry if you've heard it before, but I'm going to trot out the standard advice here: it doesn't matter what other people think about boots if they don't fit you. Get yourself down the gear shops and try on as many different pairs as you can!

If you want properly waterproof, and your feet don't sweat too much, go for a Goretex lined pair.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Postby Gythral » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Just to add to the basic advice of try everything on, do it late in the day, as this is when your feet are their largest.
Then get a price comparison on whatever you decide on & see if the retailer will match it.

Go for comfortable, if the vegetation is wet, your feet will be, eventually!
Gythral

Munros:19   Corbetts:8
Fionas:4   
Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:1   

Postby gammy leg walker » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:00 pm

HLL You could do worse than try Meindl Bhutan super comfy leather use then right out the box with no problem.

You also may want to try to price match as the are £170 from Go Outdoors at the mo. :D
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Hill-loving lady » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks Gammy - I have looked at them, look good :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hill-loving lady
Munro compleatist

Munros:164   Corbetts:17
Fionas:9   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:16   

Postby cmarcol » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Maybe a bit late to this but will stick my tuppence in anyway. I won't go past a pair of Scarpa GTX Ranger boots. I've had mine for 7years and they're only just getting to the stage where I think I might need to replace them. It's unlikely I'll even try another pair on - just buy the same again. I find them really comfy and they're still completely waterproof without me ever having treated the leather. The reason they need replaced now is just because the soles are wearing down and they have a mouldy damp smell that I can't get rid of! :lol:
cmarcol
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:22
Fionas:6   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   

Postby denrep » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:27 am

maybe to late for this post but I know cant see past my pair of altberg boots had them over 2 year out nearly every weekend over hills etc and still feel great no leaks and fit brilliant they are expensive but in my case the old adage "you'll remember the quality long after the pain of the price " is very true when these boots do give up i'll be back to altberg, don't know about the ladies versions but I imagine they will be just as good
denrep
Mountaineer

Munros:5   Corbetts:3
Fionas:8   Donalds:34
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:5   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk