walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

East Lomond - first walk with new knee

East Lomond - first walk with new knee

Postby Jaywizz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:56 am

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: East Lomond

Date walked: 03/09/2014

Time taken: 1 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Doesn't sound a major achievement - a short ramble from the car park by the radio masts - but enough of a hill (with a trig point below the summit) and with heather as well - just to give me inspiration. First time wandering
September 3.jpg
A big purple incentive!
on a hill since mid-July when I had a new 'knee' fitted. I've spent so many hours recovering from the operation with maps out, guidebooks, on websites - planning my return to bigger hills. Less than 50 Munros to complete, but so happy just to be returning to any hill, however small! Keeps me sane ...............
The big purple Quality Street on top of the trig point was a gift last Christmas - but I'm not going to open it until I'm back on a Munro - even if that is into next year!
Jaywizz
Wanderer

Munros:237   Corbetts:35
Fionas:71   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:172   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:4   Islands:26

Re: East Lomond - first walk with new knee

Postby litljortindan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Well done! I can empathise over mobility problems. Wouldn't fancy carrying that particular sweetie up a Munro though.
litljortindan
Ambler

Munros:156   Corbetts:67
Fionas:29   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Postby AnnieMacD » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:57 pm

Great that your knee is improving and reaching the top must have given you a real boost. Was it painful? Have you set a goal for a Munro - date and/or hill?
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby Jaywizz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:09 pm

AnnieMacD wrote:Great that your knee is improving and reaching the top must have given you a real boost. Was it painful? Have you set a goal for a Munro - date and/or hill?

Thank you for the good wishes - not painful just a bit stiff but improving. No date set yet for a Munro but think it may be some in Glen Shiel.
Jaywizz
Wanderer

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:56 pm

Jaywizz wrote: First time wandering on a hill since mid-July when I had a new 'knee' fitted

Did you keep the bits? The stock pot is always needing topped up....
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Jaywizz » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Nothing left on the bone - not even suitable for a stockpot! :?
Jaywizz
Wanderer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland