walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Arrochar / Glenloin Caves

Arrochar / Glenloin Caves

Postby stuart mclovin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Can anyone advise me of the location of these? I'm heading to Arrochar next weekend and would like to explore them but online i can only find a rough description of where they are.

any help would be much appreciated. :D
stuart mclovin
Munro compleatist

Munros:17   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Arrochar / Glenloin Caves

Postby Michael Thomson » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Head up the Succoth road. Pass the shooting club, and they're up on the left. The sound of the waterfall will guide you. There are two large caves, the upper requires some scrambling ability to get to. Go through the squeeze at the back to get to an underground loch. There's dozens of other smaller caves and howffs. I'll not say more, much of the joy comes in the discovery.
Michael Thomson
Stravaiging

Postby stuart mclovin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Michael Thomson wrote:Head up the Succoth road. Pass the shooting club, and they're up on the left. The sound of the waterfall will guide you. There are two large caves, the upper requires some scrambling ability to get to. Go through the squeeze at the back to get to an underground loch. There's dozens of other smaller caves and howffs. I'll not say more, much of the joy comes in the discovery.

Cheers Michael, you're a legend!
stuart mclovin
Munro compleatist

Munros:17   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Giant Stoneater » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:52 pm

When I was a young boy my father took me up to the caves in this area.
When he cycled around this area he used to stay overnight in the caves though I don't recall whereabouts they were,used to think my father was brave as I thought at the time there was bears and wolves, imagination runs wild when your young.
Giant Stoneater
Scrambler

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion