walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Buachaille Etive Beag

Buachaille Etive Beag

Postby Mantog » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi

I followed a route from a guide book. It shunned the normal route - up to the saddle, onto Stob Coire Raineach, over to Stob Dubh then back down same path . Instead it suggested you stay down in the valley for longer and come up the shoulder of Stob Dubh (on a map you can see where the contours aren't quite so harsh)., go along ridge to the other peak then descend down the 'orthodox' path. Anyways...we missed the path it seems, came too far round and ended up cutting up the side of Stob Dubh which was not very pleasant. Has anyone done this route and managed to find a path or is just a 'pick your own route' affair?

Bob
Mantog
Munro compleatist

Munros:45   Corbetts:1
Fionas:5   Donalds:1
Hewitts:16
Wainwrights:21   

Re: Buachaille Etive Beag

Postby BobMcBob » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:21 pm

I think I came down the way your book suggested going up. From the top there's a semblance of a path for a couple of hundred feet but I soon lost it and picked my own way.

I've been led astray by guidebooks many times, but I've no aversion to choosing my own route anyway :)
BobMcBob
Rambler

Munros:73   Corbetts:18
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:12   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion