walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Good morning

Good morning

Postby alanscadding » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:40 am

Hello,
I'm Alan Scadding, a new member. I've joined because I'm part of a family group visiting Skye in June next year (2015). We're keen walkers, though two of us are a bit over the hill. We need to know about a variety of walks in the Black Cuillin region. This site seems excellent.
My experience, over about 50 years, consists mostly of British walking, with occasional forays to the Alps and Pyrenees. In Britain I've often walked in Snowdonia and Scotland (my first mountain was Goat Fell), but my spiritual home is the Lake District. There my son, John, runs an excellent mountain walking company. We visit often to see John, Lyanda and granddaughter Amelia. We're all coming to Skye, thus the need for varied walks.
Suggestions and recommendations gratefully received.
Regards,
Alan
alanscadding
Mountaineer

Re: Good morning

Postby SAVAGEALICE » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Welcome to the site. The information on this site is superb. Just look for walks in Skye in the Cuillin area. There are heaps listed of all grades and lengths etc. Then you can read other peoples reports to get other ideas and info. Be warned though ..this site's addictive! Fingers crossed you get good weather as its a truly spectacular area. I would definitely reccomend a hike up Sgurr na Stri and a boat trip from Elgol to Loch Coruisk.
SAVAGEALICE

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:79   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:46   Hewitts:22
Wainwrights:33   Islands:21

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...