walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from Colorado

Hello from Colorado

Postby trailweaver » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Good day all,

A group of friends and I are planning a walking tour of Scotland in 2016. We are in the early planning stages, so look forward to reading more and learning from the locals.

We are from various parts of the states, Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, Florida and California are represented so far. As a whole we have lots of backcountry experience in many area of the states, so would be happy to help were we can.

Thanks for this wonderful resource!

Deborah
trailweaver
Mountaineer

Re: Hello from Colorado

Postby MunroMadMen » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Hey,

welcome to the site, you will find everything you need here to ensure you have a great time when you come over, they call it God's Country and you will love it.

Great mountains, great views and a great bunch of people......

if there is anything we can help with just ask ;)

Geo
MunroMadMen
Munro compleatist

Munros:168   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Postby trailweaver » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Thank you for the welcome. I'm sure we will have many questions over the next few weeks.

Deborah
trailweaver
Mountaineer

Postby MollieKat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:58 pm

We certainly will have to go a lot to live up to Colorado. It is a stunningly beautiful part of the country. I spent New Year 2001 in Ouray and the climbing and hospitality was great. The Hot Springs amazing!

What we may have different is the access to stunning coastal beach walks. Also, the island of Skye is a good rocky area to walk/climb in. Note: Walks=Trails in your language!

This Walkhighlands is a good site for info. I also suggest looking up one of the many Walking and Climbing Clubs in Scotland.

One which springs to mind is the Ochils Mountaineering Club based in Stirling (Being a new user of this site it will not allow me to post the url but you can search it. I would like to suggest my club the Lomond Mountaineering Club which would give info. But, the Ochils is a much more informative regularly posted to web site in which you can browse.

regards
MollieKat

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...