walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Webtogs Walk Report Winners - October

Webtogs Walk Report Winners - October

Postby Webtogs » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:55 am

Date walked: 07/11/2014

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

October has been a great month to get out walking in the Highlands, judging by the walk reports and fabulous photos submitted this month. Its certainly colder, and sets out new challenges when planning the walks, but we are impressed at Webtogs by your achievements this month and its been very difficult to choose a favourite . In the end it was down to a vote in the office and we are pleased to announce this months winner of the £60 to spend at Webtogs is - Private Pile, get off Nature's Assault Course!!! by J888ohn. As many of you have commented, it's a great read, with some good photos and gives a real idea of what to expect from the walk. We loved it, but the general consensus here was that we might give that wire bridge a miss!

Our runner up for October who wins £30 to spend at Webtogs is - Magical Mullach delivers a Brocken Spectre by AnnieMacD. We enjoyed reading your report and thank you for mentioning the hard work that the path builders were doing, not an easy job when conditions can change so quickly, we are sure. We particularly liked the photographs included with this report, and think most of you will agree that they really show the route off at its very best. The colours at this time of year are breathtaking and those pictures will inspire many to go and see them for themselves.

We will be in touch with the winners shortly with details of how to claim their prizes.

Thank you for all your walk reports, keep them coming in!
Webtogs
Munro compleatist

Re: Webtogs Walk Report Winners - October

Postby AnnieMacD » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Thank you so much for my prize! And congratulations to J888ohn - I remember being impressed by his report at the time. I haven't had any Internet access for a week so this was a lovely surprise as I catch up.
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby J888ohn » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:05 pm

I missed this post and only realised this morning when I saw the email in my junk box (sorry!!!!!!!). Thank you very much for this. I'm glad so may people liked the report. Always try to inject a bit of humour into my reports and loads of photos as I have a better memory for photos than words and with my lapses in navigational skills sometimes the memory of an image helps!
J888ohn
Mountain Walker

Munros:213   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:6   

Postby dawnfoth » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Well Done you guys. Both reports were fabulous! :clap:

Dawn
dawnfoth
Munro compleatist

Munros:269   Corbetts:16
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:11   Islands:6

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland