walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Buddy required?

Buddy required?

Postby Jock Mackay » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi All,

My 1st year taking walking seriously and managed to bag a few Munros (18). I have completed a week’s summer mountain skills course at Glenmore Lodge with winter mountain skills at the turn of the year. My buddy is not so keen on winter days in the mountains so looking for someone / group to potentially introduce myself with the view of making the most of the winters ahead. I’m based in Edinburgh and would be great to hook up with anyone in a similar situation or an already formed group?

Cheers
Jock
Jock Mackay
Munro compleatist

Munros:67   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:4   

Re: Buddy required?

Postby Arthurs Eat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi Jock, I'm Edinburgh based too and am hoping to get out more this winter. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks as I'm nursing a knee injury just now. PM if you want to hook up.

Calum
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:17   Donalds:38
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Re: Buddy required?

Postby Riverman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Hi Jock, Hi Calum

I'm based in London but travel up fairly frequently and am also looking for winter walking buddies. I can get up to Edinburgh, Glasgow or Inverness easily enough. I'll be in staying in Crianlarich 15 to 17 Jan and will be up again twice in February. Send a PM if you want to meet up.

Sean
Riverman
Mountaineer

Munros:60   Corbetts:5
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:87
Wainwrights:4   Islands:4

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...