walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

SJ4000 Camera

SJ4000 Camera

Postby camy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi everyone am looking to see if anyone has any opinions on this camera {SJ4000}. I have been thinking and looking at the Go pro camera but I really don't know even with its video's looking amazing if I could justify buying something in its price range [£250-£300}.
So after looking at another Go pro posting someone mentioned the SJ4000 ,after checking it out it looks not too bad for the money.
I just wondered if anyone had any experience of using this camera???? :crazy:
camy
Mountaineer

Re: SJ4000 Camera

Postby ZEbbEDY » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:57 pm

amazing for the price, you can get real ones including the wifi veraion shipped from banggood uk warehouse

61 quid with code bgdeal
ZEbbEDY
Rambler

Postby redrook » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:57 pm

It's an AWESOME camera, equal to the GoPro and has an in-built screen. Just make sure you get the genuine one and not the copy - which you can brick if you update it with real SJ4000 firmware. Plenty of online info about how to figure out the real from the fake.
redrook

Munros:137   Corbetts:19
Fionas:2   Donalds:8

Postby camy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi after looking on youtube about this camera I totally agree its a fantastic camera for its price.
My next problem is as you say redrook its managing to get the genuine camera ebay has loads of them starting from £50-£70 and I know with past experience the most expensive one isn't always the genuine article.
So any info on finding the real thing would be great as they all say they are the genuine camera lol :crazy:
camy
Mountaineer

Postby stevesey » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Plenty of info online - on spotting the differences:

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... CcountryGB

Buying on line means they could be using real photos - so best to stick with reputable outlets and use a credit card.
stevesey
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   
Hewitts:122
Wainwrights:214   

Postby ZEbbEDY » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:22 pm

i got mine from banggood and updated to the latest firmware no probs

they ship from their UK warehouse, also easy to return if there is a problem with it, also can pay with paypal for more protection
ZEbbEDY
Rambler

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk