walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from Germany!

Hello from Germany!

Postby Cridhe » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:20 am

I'm planning a visit to Pitlochry in May. I've already found some amazing walks around there and I'm really looking forward to it.
Thanks for your wonderful page, it's really inspiring!
All the best
Cridhe
Cridhe
Mountaineer

Corbetts:1

Re: Hello from Germany!

Postby The Rodmiester » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi there Cridhe, glad you like the site, no doubt you will bump into one or two Walkhighlanders on your trip. As you probably know already you are spoilt for choice with Pitlochry as your base, not knowing what type of walks your after but here goes some for you to consider.Ben Vrackie, Schiehallion, Beinn a'Ghlo. Birnham Hill, Loch Ordie and Deuchary Hill from Dunkeld and an easy stroll The Hermtage walk on the South of the A9 opposite Dunkeld. Maybe a visit in the car to Braemar through Glenshee, just some suggestions, Enjoy your trip! :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Cridhe » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi and thanks for the friendly welcome!
Yes, I know that there are many choices at Pitlochry but since I have only 3 full days for walking I had to make decisions... (sigh) On my first day I would like to walk from Pitlochry to Blair Atholl via Killiecrankie (including a visit of Blair Castle). On the second day I've planned a walk to Ben Vrackie (on the way back I'll take the way around Loch a' Choire) and the third day is reserved for Black Spout (and Edradour) and from there to Craigower. Unfortunately I don't have a car but it would make the decisions even more difficult!
Do you think that the tours are ok? I'm a beginner at hiking but an experienced Nordic Walker.
Thanks a lot and have a nice day!
Cridhe
Mountaineer

Postby teaandpies » Fri May 01, 2015 1:04 am

Cridhe wrote:I'm planning a visit to Pitlochry in May. I've already found some amazing walks around there and I'm really looking forward to it.
Thanks for your wonderful page, it's really inspiring!
All the best
Cridhe

Guten Abend, willkommen!

Lets us know about your trip when I happens.

viel glück
teaandpies
Mountain Walker

Munros:116   Corbetts:22
Fionas:9   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:6

Postby The Rodmiester » Mon May 04, 2015 9:39 am

Cridhe wrote:Hi and thanks for the friendly welcome!
Yes, I know that there are many choices at Pitlochry but since I have only 3 full days for walking I had to make decisions... (sigh) On my first day I would like to walk from Pitlochry to Blair Atholl via Killiecrankie (including a visit of Blair Castle). On the second day I've planned a walk to Ben Vrackie (on the way back I'll take the way around Loch a' Choire) and the third day is reserved for Black Spout (and Edradour) and from there to Craigower. Unfortunately I don't have a car but it would make the decisions even more difficult!
Do you think that the tours are ok? I'm a beginner at hiking but an experienced Nordic Walker.
Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

Hi again Cridhe, everything you are proposing seems fine. Enjoy your Holiday in Scotland :)
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Cridhe » Tue May 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Thank you! :D
Cridhe
Mountaineer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...