walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Webtogs Walk Report Winners - March

Webtogs Walk Report Winners - March

Postby Webtogs » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Date walked: 02/04/2015

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

March has been a fantastic month for the Walk Reports and again, as always, we've very much enjoyed having a read through them. Its enjoyable to see images peppered with snow too to remind us that while summer is on its way, conditions on the mountains are still reminiscent of winter so being prepared is essential! But you already knew that of course. This months winners stuck us with one word - inspiring; and both did so in different ways.

The winner of the £60 to spend at Webtogs is An Alpine Adventure - Bidean nam Bian by harrison123. Not only was this a clear winner on the forum but it really gave us the bug to get out and explore more. Not only were your images and write up informative and enthusiastic, but they were inspiring enough to encourage anyone to up their game and take on something a bit more challenging. We thoroughly hope you enjoy spending your prize and we look forward to seeing where your next adventure takes you.

The £30 Webtogs Runner Up Prize goes to Venneburg with The West Highland Way - Solo hike. We loved your account of your 8 day adventure and thumbs up for taking it on alone. As you say, a solitary walk isn't a lonely affair as you meet people along the way, but enjoying a beautiful view by yourself is a wonderful feeling which others shouldn't be afraid to try for themselves. We hope you enjoy spending your prize with us.

Thanks again for all of your reports this month, please keep them coming and we look forward to seeing what the warmer months have in store for you.
Webtogs
Munro compleatist

Re: Webtogs Walk Report Winners - March

Postby harrison123 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Apologies for the late reply, I have been away on an expedition in the Mamores the last couple of days! Thank you very much for picking me for the WH report of the month. Its great that you feel I have inspired people to get out in the hills and explore. I am glad you all enjoyed my report. Thanks again. Harrison
harrison123
Stravaiging

Munros:226   Corbetts:33
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland