walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Didn't expect to see Ben Hope and the Cairngorms!

Didn't expect to see Ben Hope and the Cairngorms!

by dogplodder » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Route description: Càrn Chuinneag, Strath Carron, Ardgay

Corbetts included on this walk: Càrn Chuinneag

Date walked: 16/04/2015

Distance: 18 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Didn't expect to see Ben Hope and the Cairngorms!

Postby AnnieMacD » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:13 am

Great to see that you are out in the hills again - and writing. Looks like a fantastic walk and what amazing views. The weather has been fantastic but I fear the snow is coming back tomorrow. (I'm way behind with my walk reports - but I have been out.)
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby The Rodmiester » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:03 am

All in all a pretty succesful day on the hills, good weather, wonderful views and what looks like really good stackers paths at a very gentle angle, (just as well with toe problems) Got this one firmly on my radar for the WH Summer meet now :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby dogplodder » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:20 pm

rockhopper wrote:
Re losing your report - after it first happened to me, I started writing them in Word instead. Using flickr means I can also add the photo links in as I go - all saved in Word so then just a case of copy/paste into WH - cheers :)

Yes you're right and that's what Pete's been telling since I started posting reports on here. Misplaced laziness that I haven't..... but the frustration of losing everything is worse.....so now I must. :wink:
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:26   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby dogplodder » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:22 pm

Beaner001 wrote:
Hope the toe gets better soon :D

Amazingly it's still sore. Just shows the worst injuries happen in your house! :o
dogplodder

Postby dogplodder » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:28 pm

AnnieMacD wrote:Great to see that you are out in the hills again - and writing. Looks like a fantastic walk and what amazing views. The weather has been fantastic but I fear the snow is coming back tomorrow. (I'm way behind with my walk reports - but I have been out.)

Yes, I've been out again but unfortunately last week's foray up Ben Tee resulted in a helicopter rescue for my pal. I'm waiting until she's out of hospital before writing up a report on that. :shock:
dogplodder

Postby dogplodder » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:31 pm

The Rodmiester wrote:All in all a pretty succesful day on the hills, good weather, wonderful views and what looks like really good stackers paths at a very gentle angle, (just as well with toe problems) Got this one firmly on my radar for the WH Summer meet now :D

Definitely worth doing if you're after a less strenuous day with good views. :wink:
dogplodder

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland