walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Youch!

Youch!

Postby goldblade » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben More, Stob Binnein

Date walked: 21/06/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

First time i've written on this so bear with me..... in fact the reason I am writing is just to say what a very challenging walk I had yesterday in the sun! Munro numbers 37 and 38 for me and I have to say Ben More must be pretty much the hardest Munro I've climbed. Maybe it was the temperature, me getting old (or a bith of both!) or perhaps just that the climb up the grass is never ending!

Anyway, I had thought of skipping Stob Binnein but went for it anyway. I think once I was at the top of Stob Binnein that was my 'climbing energy' finished and I was glad that it was downhill from there.

Legs were stiff the day after but hopefully will be back in action next weekend!!!
Last edited by goldblade on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldblade

Munros:132   

Re: Youch!

Postby Jock McJock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Heading up that way this week but hoping the weather will be cooler than the last few days :D . Thinking of doing An Caisteal and Beinn a Chroin but been looking at the two you did for a while now so still not finalised my plans. How long did it take you?
Jock McJock
Mountain Walker

Munros:173   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby goldblade » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:11 pm

5.5 hours, but I was going at a fare pace. I think the 7 - 8 hr estimate on the website is over egging it a bit. 6.5 hours would be a good marker.
goldblade

Munros:132   

Postby danrun » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:48 pm

weldone on doing these 2, i done them earlier in the year n they certainly make you work for your tick in the box :D
danrun
Hill Bagger

Munros:107   Corbetts:12
Fionas:4   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland