walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ballageich Hill

Ballageich Hill

Postby DavidMac » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:27 am

Date walked: 27/06/2016

Time taken: 0.1 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Ballageich is a wee hill just outside the village of Eaglesham. It’s opposite Whitelee Wind farm on the B764. If coming from East Kilbride direction, park in the layby just before the windfarm, and directly across from the entrance to Greentree Farm. (Lat 55.721664 Long -4.326807 ) There is a gate to go over to start the climb, and a small path to follow, made I’m guessing by others walking up there and of course by the sheep. This isn’t a big hill by any stretch of the imagination, but it will get the old ticker pumping. It took me only seven minutes to reach the top. I walked down a little towards Bennan Loch, but as rain was threatening, I cut it short. A good walk I think would be to climb to top and then walk around Bennan Loch. It had rained the night before I went, and so was a little wet (boggy) to walk in, but I think if you picked a time when it hadn’t rained in a couple of days, it would be a good walk. I plan to go back and do it. Great views of Glasgow and East Kilbride.
DavidMac
Mountaineer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland