walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Burnhope Seat

Burnhope Seat

Postby tango » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:34 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Burnhope Seat, Great Stony Hill, Three Pikes, Viewing Hill

Date walked: 30/08/2010

Time taken: 6

Distance: 21.8 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Started at 0715hrs at grid 825324 moved up to Bleak Law, & W onto Viewing Hill,no tracks all gorse so made for hard work!! :roll: NW to Bellbeaver Rigg, then headed NE to the road hit the road & turned W to 774371, they had a shoot on so i kept out their way & scooted along the road a little!! up to Burnhope Seat & its trig point, I then followed the fence line to Harwood Common, & Great Stoney Hill,A good break at its trig point. pushed onto Three Pikes & down to the road & followed that back to the camper van, finished at 1315hrs, Going no tracks " gorse" clear views, a little chilly,walking buds the mutts Riff Raff,Ludo & Tic Tac.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

tango

Re: Burnhope Seat

Postby fedupofuserids » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:28 am

Was about to ask what the snow was like towards Alston, but noticed you done it back in late summer.

I hate gorse thickets.
fedupofuserids

Postby tango » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:48 am

Yep definitely no snow there then!! I was just doing a back logs from my paper log book & will continue to do so! because i think this site is the way ahead for that..., Gorse is a nightmare all i seem to do is fall over or attempt to break my knee caps!! :shock: .
tango

Postby fedupofuserids » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 am

Do you get much hassle from land owners etcs when overnighting in your camper van ?
fedupofuserids

Postby tango » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:22 am

Never had a problem yet!! its very small & i think of the places ive parked have been in car parks or lay bys,99% of the time so providing there isn't any signs saying you cant park & my van is taxed & insured there isn't much anybody can say!!! that's what i think!.The only place slightly different is near Mosedale, which isn't a lay by or road! but nobody seems too mind!! i dont leave any rubbish behind! not ever dog turds because they get tripled bagged! ( army training) :D
tango

Postby colgregg » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Fedup throughout december the snow was good and the Ski run was open on Yad Moss.
colgregg
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:5
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:181
Wainwrights:214   

Postby fedupofuserids » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:40 pm

colgregg wrote:Fedup throughout december the snow was good and the Ski run was open on Yad Moss.

Thanks, hopefully I will manage to tick off a few this way next year - weather permitting :lol:
fedupofuserids

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland