walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Schiehallion

Schiehallion

Postby chieftain41 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 am

Munros included on this walk: Schiehallion

Date walked: 13/06/1990

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was my first Munro. I was on 1st year at College and we were in Kingussie for a weeks outdoor ed practice. One of the activities was hill walking so we were bussed to tackle Schiehallion. Half the group were dropped off in a lay at one side of the hill, while the rest took the bus to the car park on the other side of the hill, where the proper path started.
002.jpg
The drop off point for half the group.
004.jpg
View back down the hill.
We headed over the fields and made our way up the heathery slopes making quick progress.
003.jpg
The group heading off near the start.
005.jpg
Taking a break.
006.jpg
Nearly at the top.
At the summit,
007.jpg
lunch at the summit.
Schiehallion 001.jpg
My first munro bagged(it would be 20 years before my second!)
we met up with the rest of the group and stopped for a spot of lunch, before swapping over the bus keys and heading back down the main path, back to the car park.
chieftain41
Mountain Walker

Munros:45   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland