walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Smugmug

Smugmug

Postby Fife Flyer » Sun May 27, 2018 9:02 pm

This isn't an advert.

Like all Flickr users, I have been contacted by Flickr/Yahoo informing me that Flickr has been acquired by Smugmug.

I have been usung Flickr for over 2 years and have over 20,000 photo's uploaded onto the site. I have had problems in the past with Flickr and am experiencing more problems again - I can access my photo's but am unable to log onto my own account. It relates to the email address which is an old BT one (Talk21), which is compounded by BT and Yahoo being in cahoots as well.

Question is anyone else using Smugmug?
I have just created an account and used it to upload my latest walk photo's for my latest WR. I have to say it was very easy to use, much quicker than Flickr.
I do notice at the top about subscription and the basic account after 14 days is $4.79 a month, how long before our Flickr accounts adopt the same?
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Re: Smugmug

Postby gammy leg walker » Mon May 28, 2018 6:41 am

Not really related as such, but I always used Photobucket for all my pictures now I've lost everything 1000s of memories gone
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Guinessman » Mon May 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Sorry Martin for talking about photobucket but I was checking an old walk report on another forum where I had used photobucket,where the photos had been wiped and they are now back on the report,dont know if photobucket have had a changed of heart and re allowed small numbers. As for flickr that is my main storage and it can only be a matter of time
Guinessman
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:52
Fionas:27   Donalds:89
Hewitts:142
Wainwrights:214   Islands:15

Postby Fife Flyer » Mon May 28, 2018 7:11 pm

gammy leg walker wrote:Not really related as such, but I always used Photobucket for all my pictures now I've lost everything 1000s of memories gone

Used to use Photobucket, before I 'really started hillwalking, moved all my photo's elsewhere before they wanted money.

Guinessman wrote: As for flickr that is my main storage and it can only be a matter of time

Agree, free hosting sites are going to be a thing of the past soon.
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby treehugger » Tue May 29, 2018 10:17 am

Photobucket have relented, probly to try n get folk back again, then charge you.
treehugger

Postby Robinho08 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:05 pm

I've been with Flickr from pretty much day one, can't see SmugMug going along with the 1TB free storage. I used to pay for the Pro version, think it worked out at £20pa. I'd be happy to pay that again I suppose.

Photobucket was awful the last time I was on that site. Too many pop up ads.
Robinho08
Walker

Munros:54   Corbetts:70
Fionas:9   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:1

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion