walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Camping in Glen Dessarry

Re: Camping in Glen Dessarry

Postby Alteknacker » Thu May 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Dunfie wrote:
The more I look at this the more I am leaning towards carrying my kit and having a higher camp along the ridge.

This is the route I took (ie carrying my kit and having a higher camp), and it was one of the best expeditions I've ever done - and in fact the first carrying my kit for many decades.

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=80770

Depends what exactly what you want, but as a general proposition I can highly recommend this route (though not my descent from Ben Aden).

For me, the main thing is to choose the right weather.... :roll:
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Re: Camping in Glen Dessarry

Postby al78 » Fri May 14, 2021 11:42 am

Alteknacker wrote:
Dunfie wrote:
The more I look at this the more I am leaning towards carrying my kit and having a higher camp along the ridge.

This is the route I took (ie carrying my kit and having a higher camp), and it was one of the best expeditions I've ever done - and in fact the first carrying my kit for many decades.

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=80770

Depends what exactly what you want, but as a general proposition I can highly recommend this route (though not my descent from Ben Aden).

For me, the main thing is to choose the right weather.... :roll:

That is very similar to the route I am doing in a couple of weeks, minus Sgurr Mhurlagain and Ben Aden, and possible Gairich, but starting from Corryhully and including Sgurr nan Coireachan and Sgurr Thuilm. I'm not coming back along glen Dessarry but camping near Sourlies and heading over to Barrisdale the next day. It sucks the bothies are closed, I will be at higher risk of trying to pitch camp in pouring rain.
al78
Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:9
Donalds:1

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion