walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Leaving car at Crianlarich

Leaving car at Crianlarich

Postby evanmorg » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:01 am

I'm planning on finishing the second half of the WHW which will involve leaving my car parked in Crianlarich for 3 days/nights (Thurs-Sun).

I know there is plenty of places to park in Crianlarich but just wondering if there is any advice as I wouldn't want to cause any issues or hassle/worry to anyone local. Also is it sensible to leave a note on the dash saying when I will return and my mobile number.

Thanks
evanmorg
Mountain Walker

Munros:9   
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Leaving car at Crianlarich

Postby Lournieloon » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:57 am

Call in at police station, next the pub Rod and Reel, or something like that. He is an understanding and decent sort, allowed me to overnight with motorhome. Was knackered after day in hills and road was blocked by a an accident. If you explain I'm sure he will keep an eye on your car.
Wouldn't leave note on car that just tells yobs how long they've got to steal or trash your motor !!
Lournieloon
Mountaineer

Re: Leaving car at Crianlarich

Postby davekeiller » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:57 pm

Whether to put a note on the dash is a bit of a perennial discussion.
Somewhere like Crianlarich it's unlikely that anyone will raise the alarm, so it probably won't make much difference. Insurance company might not see it that way if anything got nicked, though.
davekeiller

Munros:154   Corbetts:31
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:20   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion