walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Barrisdale Bothy - COVID19

Barrisdale Bothy - COVID19

Postby major ac » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:42 pm

Hi

Is anyone aware of the current situation for Barrisdale Bay camping and bothy with regard to COVID19 restrictions?

Is the bothy available for use - perhaps even for cooking in, is the toilet available for use?

Heading in from Kinloch Hourn on Friday to bag a couple of Corbetts and Grahams

I know all MBA bothies closed at the moment however as Barisdale is owned by the Barisdale Estate I'm not sure if the situation is different?

Cheers
major ac
Mountain Walker

Munros:142   Corbetts:43
Fionas:16   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:44   Islands:4

Re: Barrisdale Bothy - COVID19

Postby magicdin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:10 am

Better just contacting the estate I would think
magicdin
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:110   Donalds:23
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:24
Wainwrights:10   Islands:28

Postby Essan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:28 am

Under the current Scottish Govt guidance

"People from more than one household (or extended household) must not stay in self-catered accommodation together while the current restrictions on indoor private gatherings are in place. This includes accommodation such as a caravans, flats and holiday cottages"

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-phase-3-staying-safe-and-protecting-others/pages/shopping-eating-and-drinking-out/

So, even if the bothy is open you would only be able to legally use it if only yourself or other members of your own household were there. For which reason I would expect the Estate to keep it closed.
Essan

Munros:98   Corbetts:52
Fionas:7   Donalds:2+0
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:88
Wainwrights:24   Islands:5

Postby sking40 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:00 am

I walked past it a couple of weeks ago on a wander into Knoydart but didn't stay. The bothy is closed but the campsite (and toilets) were open. £5 per night.
sking40
Munro compleatist

Munros:242   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion