walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Curved Ridge

Curved Ridge

Postby Ste89mcg » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:11 am

I am looking for reassurance/guidance on taking on the curved ridge of Buachaille Etive Mor (most likely next Spring now) without the use of any equipment, I have done Aonoch Eagach and very much enjoyed it so looking to do more scrambling, cheers
Ste89mcg
Walker

Munros:12   Corbetts:1

Re: Curved Ridge

Postby prog99 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:23 am

Two distinct cruxes -
Finding the start as it’s not super obvious once the path runs out. It doesn’t look like a ridge at times from below.
The little chimney/groove bit half way up is the technical crux.

However unlike the Aonach Eagach there’s no downclimbing needed.

Might still be snow in the exit gully in spring but I think you can tell from the a82.

Choose a nice weather day and enjoy, a few of the easier bits get a bit exciting in the rain.
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Re: Curved Ridge

Postby gman » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:55 am

You should be fine if you enjoyed AE, make sure you find the start - up the scree to the poplar trees then turn right and follow the faint path. Be aware there was rockfall from Rannoch Wall this spring and there's still at least one loose block there.
gman

Munros:250   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion