walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

New Coronavrus Tiers and Hillwalking/Campervanning

Re: New Coronavrus Tiers and Hillwalking/Campervanning

Postby Marty_JG » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:02 am

I have a sneaky suspicion we'll be in some form of lockdown till Spring.
Marty_JG
Backpacker

Munros:10   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:3

Postby JohnZD » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:16 am

NickyRannoch wrote:
JohnZD wrote:
Paul Webster wrote:As Malky C says, the official guidance has been clarified today.

Those in tier 3 or 4 areas are permitted to travel upto a maximum of 5 miles outside of their local authority to begin their outdoor exercise.

Indeed, but ‘professional’ ha ha football teams are traversing Scotland, including lower pyramid teams including un-salaried University teams comprising players from all over the place, presumably travelling my bus

They aren't travelling by bus and are subject to strict social distancing measures off the field.
There are no university teams in national leagues and the LL is a professional league whether or not two teams are amateur. Same as the SPFL is pro regardless of the status of Queens Park.

East of Scotland Leagues
JohnZD
Munro compleatist

Munros:53   Corbetts:8
Fionas:55   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:4   Islands:17

Postby rgf101 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:49 am

Possibility the travel rules, which are currently guidelines, will become law, with associated fines
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54812972
rgf101

Postby Garys123 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:53 pm

Camy I’m the same as you , I travel all over Scotland Monday to Friday going in and out of various building sites having meeting being on site etc . But on a Friday night when I get home I’ve to lock myself in my house until Monday . I haven’t had a single day of through this corona thing since it all started . I’m just getting to take a weeks summer holiday next week to sit in my house . But I will still be walking at the weekends
Garys123
Hill Bagger

Munros:66   Corbetts:5
Fionas:1   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion